Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Hace Frio!

Man it is cold here but at least its sunny. Just got out of class for the day and decided to stop and an internet cafe to check my, e-mail and update my blog before I get some postcards and head home to play my new favorite board game Rummy with Ana and Marine (my host mother and sister). Yesterday was my first real day of school. I had a large break in between classes so my friend Matthew and I walked around Rosario and went to coffee and then we met with another group of students for lunch. It was fun to wonder around for a bit, Rosario is a really nice city and its easy to get around. Class went well. I am learning a lot and the teachers are really nice and helpful and all of the students are really nice too.
Last night after dinner Alberto, Ana, Marina and I took a drive around Rosario to see the flag memorial and the Victory-Rosario bridge at night. Muy Lindo! It was fun to get a tour of the city. Everyday I am understanding my host mother more and more but my conversations back to her are mas o menos. My host father and I have decided we will help each other learn vocabulary in each other languages. So much for the No Ingles! rule.
Besides that not to much else to report. Still happy and loving it. A few of us girls are trying to organize a trip to Iguazu Falls for our free weekend so I will keep you posted on if that happens or not. It would be pretty amazing. This weekend we are going out to the country to a friend of my host families who has a farm. I can´t wait to see Argentina country side! It will be great to be out of the city for a bit. Also tomorrow after school I am going to go to lunch and to Parque Indepencia to ride in paddle boats with my friend Ana from school. Haven´t done that since I was young. Can´t wait!!! I am buying postcards today so keep your eyes out next week some time. Thats it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment