Saturday, August 1, 2009

End of the Honeymoon Phase......

So I think I have officially entered the reality stage of my life in Rosario. I have been exhausted the past two days. I didn´t realize it would be so exhausting to have to try and translate everything that you want to say. I have had a few moments of missing people and things about home. I miss being able to be more normal ridiculous self but I manage to be silly enough to get me by. Its just more difficult because I have to do it in spanish! Yesterday all of the students from my session went on a walking tour of Rosario and then we went and got lunch and beers. Everyone is really nice however, most are pretty young and some are more obviously young than others. I am glad Matthew is here. He is my age and we share similar interests so it makes it a little easier for me. Last night after I got home I went to the mall with Ana and Marina. It doesn´t close until 2am! We got home around 11 and I was super tired. I slept in until 11 today and for those who know me, that is extremely unusual. Guess you could say I was a little tired. Today we are taking a cruise boat down the river to check out Rosario´s cityscape. Should be fun, but its freezing so I had to wear numerous layers. Tomorrow my host family and I head for the country for the day and I am really excited to spend some time out of the city. A few days back me and a few of the girls from my program went paddle boating in Parque de Indepencia. It was really awesome. the park is HUGE and really pretty and there is a giant soccer (futbol) stadium in the middle of it. I will have to go to that park more often, it was really awesome. Oh and I saw the garbage mules the other night. At night in Rosario there are mules that pull large carts around that have four or five people in them and they collect recycling to make money. I guess there was a huge bad image around this kind of activity until the economic collapse in 2001 I believe, now is it more excepted with less of a stigma. There were a lot of them. Well that is it for now. I am so glad its the weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like things are busy, but going well! I miss my noid, but when you get back Robb and I will want to visit ASAP to see all your photos and hear more about your stay. Who is this Matthew you speak of? Tell me more.
    Speaking a different language is hard, but you will be surprised at how good you are going to get-You will have to be reminded to speak english when you get home. Take care and have fun HOAWC (know what that stands for?) Love Heatha

    ReplyDelete