Sunday, August 2, 2009

My first night out......

So last night I decided to go out in Rosario with my friends and it was really fun. We spent all day together on the boat cruise down the river Parana and then we went to lunch. There is 5 of us who get along really well and we spend a lot of time together. The other girls Britta and Eileen wanted to go shopping so Matthew, Trevor and I went to get beers. Matthew and I both told our host parents we would be home for dinner so after that we met at my place and went to meet back up with the others. We were out until almost 3, and thats early for Argentina!!! I made the guys walk me home because it is not safe to walk on your own at night if you are a girl. At the end of this week we were all feeling really exhausted and were all realizing how hard it is to be living in another culture where daily activities are 10 times harder than they are at home. We all helped each other lift our spirits though and I am glad they are here. We are trying to figure out how the five of us can go to Uruguay in the middle of August during our free weekend. That would be so fun!
Today I went to the country it was really beautiful. The farm was huge and the house was amazing! I have alot of pictures but it will have to wait until I get home to load them.
Tomorrow I am back to school next weekend we get to go to Buenos Aires. It will be really fun! However, for now I am definately realizing how hard living in another culture is, and I find that when I am writing e-mails in english I have a hard time because I am thinking in spanish all day long. I am definately in a wierd place and I feel like my brain isn't working properly. I miss everyone and you will hear another update soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment