Monday, August 24, 2009

My last weekend Excursion with the Program

I can´t believe I am in my final week of my program already! Its has gone by so fast! I am excited to head home but really sad to leave at the same time. We spent the weekend in a city called Rio Ceballos just outside of Cordoba. It was nice to be in a smaller town for a while although I am bummed I didn´t get to see much of Cordoba, it looked like a really cool city. We left friday night at 3:45 so that we could get to Cordoba by 10 and start our tours. I will not miss the ridiculous schedules the schools have for our excursions. The highlight of the trip was our three hour hike along a river. It was really nice and at the end there was a cool little waterfall. It was nice to do somethign outside for a change. Sunday was pretty boring, a lot of time in the bus and stopping places for 10 or 15 minutes not to mention I had a migraine and a stomach which eventually came to an end not so gracefully with me throwing up numerous times in front of the bus when we stopped for a bathroom break on the way home. Not one of my finest moments but I felt a lot better after that. At least the only person who witnessed it was my friend Brennan. Not sure if it was food poisoning or not but I am still not feelign quite right. We are having a last asado (bbq) with my family either tonight or tomorrow, I hope its tomorrow because I don´t want to miss out on good food because of not feeling well.
My last real day of class is tomorrow, I have two days of finals and then friday is a free day and we have the going away dinner at night and then Saturday its off to Buenos Aires. It will be nice to have a few days completely to myself before coming home so that I can see what I want to see in Buenos Aires and just relax a bit.
Thats it for now, I will try to update this one more time before heading back to POrtland!
Miss everyone and can´t wait to see and talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment